I don’t watch TV. With all kinda of on-demand solutions like Netflix and Amazon Video, I no longer is interested in the idiot box that forces me to watch stuff. (Of course, you can switch channels and record shows and stuff, but why take so much pain?).
YouTube have been promoting YouTube Red for some time now and I haven’t given in yet. Because, I have enough stuff available for free on YouTube, then why pay? I didn’t sign up on YouTube with the intention to pay. I was trying to avoid paying in the first place.
Anyways, it looks like Google wants to enter my living room and want me to pay for it. $35 per month that is. Just wow!
First off, I have the YouTube smart TV app, where I can watch anything I want from YouTube directly on my TV (and control from my phone). I love that experience!
Second, I have the Chromecast thing. For all the stuff that is not on YouTube, I play it on the browser (from multiple devices sometimes) and that itself is a lot. Now Google wants me to pay another $35 per subscription? No way!
As for NRIs this is just an additional wastage. Some of us already have everything from Yupp TV to Netflixi which is more than enough. And now another $35? No way.
I think this service is a fail from Google. What do you think?
Features of YouTube TV
- Channels include ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, USA, FX, Disney Channel, Sprout, E! and Bravo.
- People can add on Showtime for an extra monthly fee if they wish.
- The monthly service is accessible from mobile devices, including smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
- YouTube TV includes a cloud-based DVR with unlimited storage where people can save and access their shows from practically anywhere.
- Google will allow people to store recordings for free for up to nine months.
- Each YouTube TV subscription includes up to six individual accounts for personalized recommendations and DVR recording.
- Google says YouTube TV will go live in the largest U.S. markets soon, with others to follow shortly thereafter.
- YouTube TV costs $35 per month and doesn’t require any contracts or commitments.
Hi, Mani Karthik here. Having lived in USA, India & Middle East, and worked for big MNC’s to startups, I have a lot to share with you. My aim is to help people, by sharing everything I’ve learned in life, through this blog. It’s read today by more than 150K people world over! I currently live in LA, California and visit India occasionally. Here’s my full story on who I am and why I blog. Connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or WhatsApp (+001-408-489-4785). Happy to help! 🙂