According to the data published by PATA, around 18 million visitors travelled outbound from India in 2014, representing 40% growth since 2009, with the number of travelers only increasing each year. People are travelling for business and for leisure, but there is one thing most of them forget to take care of when they do travel. This is arming themselves with a travel insurance plan to tackle uncertainties overseas. If you are aware of the importance of a travel plan, but haven’t figured out the best one for yourself, TATA AIG has got one for you.
To cover you against all mishaps that can occur during your overseas travel, Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited has come up with TATA AIG Travel Guard-Overseas Travel Insurance to help you travel in peace, no matter which part of the world you wish to visit.
Single and Multi-Trip Policies
TATA AIG provides the policy buyer the flexibility to choose from five plans available under the Single Trip policy, which are Silver, Silver Plus, Gold, Platinum and Senior Plan. For those who travel frequently, TATA AIG also offers two options under the Annual Multi-Trip program, including Annual Multi Trip Gold and Platinum Plans.
To be eligible for these plans, the policy holder should be an Indian citizen, with the age limit starting at 6 months.
TATA AIG Travel Insurance offer medical cover up to $0.5 million on overseas travel.
The policies offer the following coverage:
- Cover for medical expenses due to sickness and accident while traveling.
- Cover for any dental emergency.
- 50 percent reimbursement per bag and 10 percent of the value per article in the bag in case of the loss of checked baggage.
- Compensation in case of delay in checked in baggage, whilst overseas.
- Compensation for expenses incurred in obtaining a new or duplicate passport in case of the loss of the original one.
- Compensation for expenses occurred due to flight delay.
- Cover against accidental death and permanent disability while travelling abroad.
- Compensation for damages, in the form of property damage, bodily injury or death, to be paid to a third party.
- Distress allowance in case of hijack of the common carrier in which you were travelling.
If the purpose of your travel is to avail medical treatment, the policy will not cover for that specific treatment.
The policy will also not cover for any expenses incurred due to a pre-existing illness, suicide or attempted suicide, terrorism, war and more.
Visit the TATA AIG website to know more of the inclusions and exclusions.
- Assistance services towards medical evacuation service, emergency assistance service and repatriation across the world.
- Option to get the annual Multi-Trip policy renewed for life.
- Free Look period of 15 days in case of Annual Multi Trip policy to see whether the policy is befitting their requirements.
- 30 days grace period for the payment of premiums to customers of annual multi trip plans.
- Option of enhancing your sum insured when you are renewing the policy to increase the protection provided by the policy.
- Intimation to the policyholders 3 months in advance of any changes in annual multi trip policies and about the discontinuation of a policy before the policy is due to expire.
Given the wide range of benefits and allowing the policyholder to extend the policy up to a period of 7 days from the expiry date, TATA AIG travel insurance plans is a great choice.
Hi, Mani Karthik here. Having lived in USA, India & Middle East, and worked for big MNC’s to startups, I have a lot to share with you. My aim is to help people, by sharing everything I’ve learned in life, through this blog. It’s read today by more than 150K people world over! I currently live in LA, California and visit India occasionally. Here’s my full story on who I am and why I blog. Connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or WhatsApp (+001-408-489-4785). Happy to help! 🙂