The State Government of Bihar has launched the ambitious scheme for students called “Student Credit Card Scheme”. This scheme has been specially designed to help students in getting financial aid for higher education.
Objective of “Student Credit Card Scheme”
The main objective of the student credit card scheme is to encourage students to pursue higher education. The education loan of up to Rs. 4 Lakh under the scheme will be provided without any interest. The loan can be availed by the eligible students to pay the institutional fee, buy books, purchase computers, equipment and so forth.
The students in the state pursuing/willing to pursue higher studies in professional courses, computer certificate courses from reputed institutions will be eligible for the loan. Courses like CA, CFA, ICWA & so on and courses from IIM, IISC and IIT’s will come under the scheme.
How to apply for SCCS
The 12th pass students who are eligible for the scheme can apply either going to the Online portal or the mobile app. Below are the steps to apply online for the scheme:
- Students will have to fill the basic details on the mobile app or online portal.
- Students will receive a One Time Password on their mobile number and e-mail ID.
- After entering the received OTP in the mobile app or the portal, a new form will open where the students will have to submit their personal details. After submitting this, three options will open.
- Select Student Credit Card from the three options and a new application form will open.
- Fill the required details in the application form and submit it using the submit button.
- After submitting the application form, the students will be given a unique identification number. This unique ID number will be sent to their mobile number and e-mail ID.
- Students will also receive the PDF copy of the submitted application form and the details of documents required on their e-mail ID. The application form and the documents will be required at the counter.
The students will be informed on their mobile phones and e-mail ID about the date of visit to the counter.
Loan Approval Process
The government officials will examine and verify all the details and documents submitted by the students including the admission related details from the respective educational institutions. This will be done within 15 days after receiving the documents from the students.
After verification, details/documents will be shared with the banks which will then approve or disapprove the loan within 15 days. The loan approval/disapproval with reason information will be shared by the banks to the applicants by SMS.
In the case of approval, the applicants will be required to visit the bank branch to complete the documentation formalities. After which the banks will issue credit cards to the students which can be used to pay the fee and expenses of higher education.
Application Form & Details
Source: Click here.
Full Disclosure: This website is committed to researching, testing, and recommending the best products for our users. We may receive commissions from purchases made after visiting links within our content.