From 15 million in 2012, the number of outbound travelers from India is expected to reach 50 million in 2020. Of all the Indians travelling to a foreign country, visiting family and friends has been the primary motive, and then comes leisure, romantic getaways and affordable flight tickets, followed by entertainment, and exploring culture and heritage. However, when abroad, a sudden illness, luggage and documents getting misplaced are some situations no one foresees, but many of us encounter. This is why it is important stay prepared for unexpected setbacks while travelling to another country.
India’s leading travel insurance provider, ICICI Lombard, has come up with international travel insurance policies for Single Round Trips, Senior Citizens and, Travel Insurance – Gold Multi Trip for frequent travelers, along with a plan that covers travel within Asia. All these policies are designed keeping in mind the needs of different travelers.
Single/ Multi Trip Policy
- Single Round Trip: The Single round trip coverage available up to 360 days, in which the original policy is for 180 days and can be extended for an additional 180 days.
- Gold Multi Trip Plan: A great policy for frequent travellers, which gives them protection for up to 30, 45, or 60 days per trip, annually.
All the different types of insurance policies under ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance cover travelers from the age of 3 months to 85 years, without any medical check-up required for policy issuance. ICICI Lombard’s Senior Citizen Travel Insurance is for individuals between the ages 71 to 85 years.
Individual between the ages of 3 months and 70 years are eligible for the Multi Trip policy.
ICICI Lombard travel insurance plans cover the following events in general:
- Medical insurance cover, including medical evacuation costs and repatriation cost for mortal remains.
- Cover for the return of a minor child.
- Cover for total loss of checked in baggage, including handbags.
- Cover for emergency dental treatments.
- Daily allowance in the event of hospitalization.
- Cover for delay of checked-in baggage, loss of baggage and personal belongings, trip interruption, delays, cancellation and missed flight connection.
- Emergency cash advance.
- Compensation for expenses incurred for the replacement of the lost passport.
- Personal Liability coverage.
- Personal Accident coverage.
- Hijack distress allowance.
- Cover for catastrophe and political risk evacuation.
- Cover for the insured’s accidental death through a common carrier.
- Fire cover for building and home content and burglary cover for home content.
- Cover for a family member’s compassionate visit.
These policies do not cover for any claim arising due to any existing medical ailment or condition, mental disorder/condition like depression, anxiety, etc., addiction to intoxicants like drugs and alcohol, HIV/AIDS, nuclear weaponry or radiation.
The policy also does not cover any claim arising out of the policyholder indulging in any unmentioned sporting activities, any ayurvedic therapies, naturopathy or homeopathy treatments, plastic/cosmetic surgery and more.
Read ICICI Lombard’s brochure to know more, since the inclusions and exclusions may vary across different plans.
Turnaround Time for Claim Settlements
ICICI Lombard offers complete assistance in case of an unforeseen medical and non-medical emergency. All you need to do is to contact them and register a claim for your ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance and the rest will be taken care of by the insurer.
Cover Starting Amount
ICICI Lombard travel insurance plans offer a sum assured from $50,000 to $5,00,000, to protect the insurer against unforeseen emergencies while travelling.
- ICICI Lombard travel insurance plans are pre-approved and configured to suit the requirements of Schengen Visa.
- Value added services like medical concierge, automotive and lifestyle assistance for dependants in India.
- Coverage for hospitalization in case of Swine Flu / H1N1 influenza, if not pre-existing.
Check out other insurance plans I’ve reviewed here.