Looking for best visitors insurance for visiting USA? Here are your best options.
It is a well-known fact that healthcare in the United States is expensive. But, did you know that it is one of the costliest healthcare systems in the world? An article in The Washington Post, published in December 2016, revealed that, “Within a decade, close to a fifth of the American economy will consist of health care.” This is a clear indication of how much money the medical industry generates each year.
It is a common misconception that health insurance is for older people. The reality is that medical emergencies do not see age or gender when they strike. So, to keep yourself from incurring huge expenses on medical contingencies, it is best to secure yourself with a good plan.
4 Best Visitors Insurance Plans for USA
Let’s start with the first one.
- This policy is provided by the International Medical Group and offers coverage for a period of 5 days to 365 days.
- You can choose the maximum limit per period of coverage from $50,000, $100,000 or $500,000.
- Options for individual deduction can be as low as $100 and as high as $2500.
- This policy also features co-insurance within the United States, although any medical treatment received outside the US is not co-insured.
- Policyholders are eligible for benefits for both inpatient and outpatient expenses, as well as a wide variety of emergency benefits, such as, medical evacuation, emergency reunion, return or mortal remains, return of minor children and more.
- This policy is provided by Seven Corner and covers you for 5 to 187 days, depending on your plan.
- Each person insured under this policy can choose maximum medical coverage of $50,000, $100,000, $500,000 or $1,000,000.
- Deductibles for families range from $0 to $100, $250, $500, $1,000 and $2,500, over a maximum of 3 coverage periods.
- Coinsurance is applicable both inside and outside the United States under various plans, for each period of coverage.
- Hospital boarding benefits up to $150 per night are available to a maximum of 30 days per occurrence, outside the United States.
- Other benefits include coverage for political evacuation, terrorism, emergency reunion, return of minor child, medical evacuation and more.
- Provided by Tokio Marine HCC, this policy allows deductibles of $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or $2,500 per certificate period.
- You can get coverage for 5 days to 364 days, with a maximum coverage limit of $50,000, $100,000, $200,000, $500,000, $1,000,000, or $2,000,000, for individuals below 70 years. People aged 70 and 79 years can get coverage of $50,000 or $100,000, while those who are 80 or older get $10,000.
- Along with other general benefits, the policy also offers a unique pet return coverage for up to $1,000 to return pets home if the owner is hospitalized.
- This is another comprehensive insurance plan from Seven Corner that covers you for up to 45 days.
- For every coverage period, you get maximum medical benefit for $50,000, $100,000, $500,000, or $1,000,000.
- The deductibles per person per period of coverage are $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 and $2,500 for the entire family.
- Read the policy brochure for more information.
Other insurance policies that can protect you and your family in USA while traveling, with equally comprehensive benefits, are listed here.
All the best!
Join my friend's list to get free coupons, offers, and giveaways! And of course, updates.