Turmeric is one of the most common spices found in the kitchen. It is one of the most common ingredients for preparing different dishes and is generally used in powder or paste form. Though not quite expensive, turmeric has several beneficial effects on human health.
Top 20 health benefits of turmeric have been listed below:
- Anti-bacterial and Anti-septic– Many of you may be aware of the fact that turmeric is applied on cuts and infection. It is the anti-bacterial and anti-septic property of turmeric that makes it useful for treatment of different types of infection.
- Prevents Breast Cancer– Turmeric is useful for women as it helps in preventing breast cancer, which is increasing rapidly. It reduces the risk of breast cancer.
- Prevents Prostrate Cancer– Turmeric is equally good for men, when combined with cauliflower. When used with cruciferous vegetable, turmeric can prevent prostate cancer.
- Reduces risk of pancreatitis cancer– Turmeric is known to have positive effects in liver. Studies have proven the fact that it also reduces the risks of pancreatitis cancer.
- Enhances Chemo Drugs effects– Turmeric is proven to be useful in prevention of different types of cancer. It is also found to be effective in enhancing the effects of chemo drugs and to check their side effects. If turmeric is added to different dishes, it will not only make the food delicious but also have positive effect on your health.
- Checks Metastases– Metastases, which is often regarded as a major reason for cancer is reduced by intake of turmeric on a regular basis.
- Reduces risks of Leukemia– Turmeric almost eliminates the problem of leukemia in children & it is recommended in children diet.
- Melanoma Prevention– Turmeric prevents dying of melanoma cells, which in turn reduces the risks of melanoma.
- Detoxifies Liver– It is recommended to add turmeric in your daily diet as it detoxifies your system from within. Turmeric is known to be a natural de-toxifier for your liver.
- Check Alzheimer Disease– Turmeric has been found useful for removal of amyloid plaque, which is built in brain, causing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Weight Management– Turmeric increases fat metabolism in the body, which in turn helps in managing weight.
- Anti-inflammatory drug– Studies have shown that turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and can check inflammation without any kind of adverse effects. Turmeric is also known to be a good pain reliever.
- Improves digestion– Turmeric has several positive effects on health. This herb is useful for enhancing the digesting ability of the body. Thus, it reduces the risk of impaired metabolism, indigestion and heartburn. It also reduces the occurrence of diarrhea and colic in babies.
- Treats Respiratory Problems– Turmeric has been trusted by many Ayurvedic doctors for treatment of different respiratory problems. It is considered to be a good cure for sore throat, fever and cold.
- Helps in Overcoming Depression– Depression, which is a common problem of many people can be successfully overcome with the use of turmeric. Many Chinese medicines have shown that use of turmeric is good for treatment of depression related problems.
- Prevents Arthritis– Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, and this is one of the many reasons why it is often recommended for treatment of arthritis-related problems. It is especially good for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Effective on multiple myeloma– Some studies indicate that turmeric has positive results on people suffering from multiple myeloma. Studies are still in progress to prove the fact.
- Checks the growth of tumor– Someone who is suffering from tumors can rely on turmeric for checking growth of tumor. Turmeric reduces growth of blood vessels in tumor.
- Good Anti-oxidant– Curcumin is a useful antioxidant and scavenges different body particles, which can damage cell membranes or affect the DNA.
- Treats Ulcerative Colitis– Turmeric can be useful for checking the problems of ulcerative colitis. It has been found that people who took curcumin along with medicines had the least risk of relapsing colitis again.
Hi, Mani Karthik here. Having lived in USA, India & Middle East, and worked for big MNC’s to startups, I have a lot to share with you. My aim is to help people, by sharing everything I’ve learned in life, through this blog. It’s read today by more than 150K people world over! I currently live in LA, California and visit India occasionally. Here’s my full story on who I am and why I blog. Connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or WhatsApp (+001-408-489-4785). Happy to help! 🙂