When you are traveling overseas, there is a need of a reliable companion in the form of a travel insurance plan to take care of any unfortunate event that might take place in a strange land. With luggage being regularly lost by airlines, thefts occurring in every country and even unexpected medical emergencies bringing holidays to a grinding halt, an overseas travel insurance plan is the only way to stay protected from the impact of such mishaps.
HDFC Ergo travel insurance is the product of a joint venture between HDFC Limited and Ergo International AG, in which HDFC Limited is the major holder with 74 percent stake. HDFC Ergo travel insurance plan is available in a lot of variants, offering the best suited product for every type of traveler. Let us take a look at the various features that makes HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance desirable.
Key Features of HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance
- Variety in Plans: HDFC Ergo’s travel plans can be bought by individuals, families and students, which can be bought online. The insurance provides coverage for single trip, multiple trips and trips to Asia. HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance has a Family Floater Plan that gives you the option to choose from various sum insured options. It also offers the option to extend or modify your travel dates online.
- Easy Eligibility: To be eligible for the single trip plan, the applicant should be an Indian citizen of aged anywhere between 6 months and 70 years, whereas for annual multi trip the age bracket has been kept between 18 years to 70 years. Unlike other travel insurance plan, there is no need to undergo a medical examination to buy this travel plan.
- Duration: HDFC Ergo’s travel insurance provides coverage to travel trips which could be as short as 1- 4 days.
- Maximum Inclusions: These plans cover a buffet of expenses that a person could incur during overseas travel, some of which are:
- Coverage against all kinds of medical expenses incurred due to a certain illness, accidents, covering all in-patient, outpatient, diagnostic tests, therapies and other related expenses.
- Compensation in the event of the permanent total disability and unfortunate demise of the insurance buyer due to an accident.
- Compensation for flight delays for more than 12 hours of the scheduled departure time.
- Compensation for the loss or delay of checked baggage or loss of personal documents.
- If the buyer faces a legal liability due to the property damage or injury caused to a third party during the travel period, they can be compensated with HDFC Ergo travel insurance.
- Minimum Exclusions: The insurance company makes it clear that it will not pay for any expenses caused due to a Self Inflicted Injury or suicide, terrorism, civil war or foreign war and more. Visit their website to get the full list of exclusion.
- Fast Claim Settlement: HDFC assures claim settlement for minor accidents or thefts within 3 days, and 7 days for all the other cases.
Also read: Where to buy Travel Insurance from
Join my friend's list to get free coupons, offers, and giveaways! And of course, updates.