You know that feeling when you’re on board a flight and want to check WhatsApp but can’t? Wish you had an internet connection! Most American airlines offer Gogo inflight internet on their domestic flights. But, you how how pricey they are. In-flight WiFi prices are ridiculously high! ($7 per hour!!). I would rather sleep, if I could.
But the good thing is that, in the US, most domestic flights have partnership with T-Mobile, by which they offer free WiFi for one hour, exclusively via T-Mobile. But No, I’m not talking about using this Free in-flight WiFi service for one hour but hacking it so you get free WiFi your entire flight! Here goes..
Hack to get Free WiFi on planes
- First off, change the MAC address of your WiFi device (your laptop/mobile device) and establish a new connection. (Here are instructions on how to)
- Open Developer Tools in a new Chrome Incognito window.
- Enter “Device mode” (to emulate mobile devices). (Here’s how to instructions)
- Now, open the airborne.gogoinflight.com landing page on Chrome.
- Carefully copy the link for T-Mobile Check In. (Do not click on the link as it will open it in a new tab which will not have device emulation on by default.)
- Paste the link in the current tab (which does have device emulation) and click Go.
- Use any of your friend’s T-Mobile number, when asked.
What this process does is, that since the free WiFi offer tracks you by a combination of MAC address + cookies, you create a new MAC address to keep surfing each one hour. Please keep in mind that this will only work for mobile devices. Make sure you have a few TMobile numbers ready with you.
Enjoy your free in-flight WiFi!
(Source – Quora)
Hi, Mani Karthik here. Having lived in USA, India & Middle East, and worked for big MNC’s to startups, I have a lot to share with you. My aim is to help people, by sharing everything I’ve learned in life, through this blog. It’s read today by more than 150K people world over! I currently live in LA, California and visit India occasionally. Here’s my full story on who I am and why I blog. Connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or WhatsApp (+001-408-489-4785). Happy to help! 🙂