With the advent of DSLR cameras, picture taking has gone to absurdly high levels. People everywhere are taking pictures like crazy on their DSLR cameras. The popular ones being Canon, Nikon and Olympus.
But there is on problem though. Taking pictures is easy, editing the pictures is not.
While DSLR cameras give top quality pictures, they don’t ensure beautiful pictures, especially for the untrained people. Clicking photos is one thing and making them beautiful is another.
Also read: Best photo editing software.
Free photo editing software alternatives for DSLR cameras
This is the reason why we have alternate free photo editing softwares specially built for DSLR cameras. These photo editing software will help you make the pictures you take on your DSLR cameras beautiful by adding simple editing works.
Scarab Darkroom is one such software. It lets you edit your DSLR photos with simple editing techniques and make them beautiful.
Let’s take a look at the features.
- Highlight recovery
- Lightning fast conversion with excellent detail rendition
- Brightness, contrast, black level
- Color temperature/tint controls
- Special sharpening algorithm, which avoids amplifying interpolation artifacts
- Hue, saturation and vibrance effects
- Support for EXIF metadata
- Real-time RGB histogram and adjustment preview
- Custom color space
Overall, this software is one of the better photo editing softwares out there (and free of course). It needs some learning to fully understand the editing skills, but once you understand it, things become very easy.
Try it out here – Scarab Darkroom.