If you’re a regular Costco shopper, you would have known about this already. Costco has stopped working with American Express and has introduced an all new exclusive Citibank credit card for its members. They advertise it everywhere, and if you’ve been to Costco recently, you would have spotted the flyers and promotions everywhere at Costco.
There was a promotion going on at the entrance of my local Costco and the “no annual fee + 4% cashback offer” got my attention. I signed up.
Getting through was easy. The lady at the kiosk had the whole process of signing up + approval done in about ten minutes flat. I was a little uneasy providing my social and other stuff right in the middle of the crowd, but it all went smooth. (They have a special iPad like device with protection and all that.)
First off, you need to be a member at Costco to be able to get this credit card deal. Let me tell you why I signed up for this deal.
- 4% cash back on purchases at eligible gas stations for the first $7,000 spent per year and then 1% cashback thereafter
- 3% cash back on purchases at restaurants and eligible travel purchases ( I don’t know which ones, yet)
- 2% cash back on all purchases from Costco and Costco.com online (For regular members, additional 1% for Executive members)
- 1% cash back on all other purchases on the card
- No annual fees
- For the first 7 months, there’s 0% interest, after 7 months, 15.49% (ouch)
Why I choose Costco Citi Visa Anywhere Credit Card
I haven’t used the American Express credit card and was waiting for an opportunity to get a new credit card at Costco. This was an exclusive offer for Costco members (I’m an Executive member) and me being a regular Costco shopper, appeared to be a great deal (4% cashback!). The AmEx card offer earlier, is no longer available (obviously).
Whom would I recommend it to?
- Regular Costco shoppers (and members)
- Those with excellent credit score (we’re talking about 720+ here)
For other benefits like anywhere usage, travel etc, I’m not sure if this is a great card (may be you can use it, but there are better cards).
Where can you get it?
You can get it at any Costco store.
So, if you’re an NRI in the USA and is a regular Costco shopper (which I think many of us are), you got to get this credit card. That 4% cashback is not to be missed. But make sure you have excellent credit score before you apply for this.
Join my friend's list to get free coupons, offers, and giveaways! And of course, updates.