It is not a secret that India has a long way to go to be able to boast about fast internet speeds. Coming to mobile internet, India is soon catching up with the rest of the world, but not quite there yet.
However, with the introduction of 4G LTE, internet speeds have boosted up in many Indian cities. Are LTE speeds, good enough? Yes, but blanket coverage is a long shot though!
OpenSignal, has done some research on this and created a list of the best and fastest LTE speeds in India – the results are kind of alarming. Here are the fastest internet LTE speeds in India (and the cities they’re available.)
Top 10 Indian Cities with LTE Internet Speeds
- Mumbai – 16.9 Mbps LTE Speed
- Kolkatta – 6.5 Mbps LTE Speed
- Hyderabad – 5.5 Mbps LTE Speed
- Bengaluru – 5.4 mbps LTE Speed
- Pune – 4.8 Mbps LTE Speed
- Jaipur – 4.7 Mbps LTE Speed
- Delhi – 4.6 Mbps LTE Speed
- Chennai – 4.4 Mbps LTE Speed
- Surat – 4.1 Mbps LTE Speed
- Ahmedabad – 3.9 mbps LTE Speed
Turns out internet speeds in India are catching up more rapid and fast than ever with global speeds and telecom operators in India (even though competitive) are doing a good job making new technology available to the public. In about a year, I hope these speeds double. Let’s watch and watch!
Full Disclosure: This website is committed to researching, testing, and recommending the best products for our users. We may receive commissions from purchases made after visiting links within our content.