Looking for a good camera phone? 2017 is probably the best time to get one. If you waited for a long time to get a camera phone, then you are in luck. Because this year, there are many good camera phones that have hit the market. I tried all the best camera phones available in India today and listed them here with detailed reviews. If you are shopping for a good camera phone in India, look no further, this list should help.
Camera phones are super popular these days. Gone are the days when you had to hang those heavy DSLR cameras in your neck wherever you went. The convenience of having a camera in your smartphone is so great that now a days phones are getting better than cameras! Here are some of the best camera phones available in the Indian market today. I’m only listing the best of the best!
Things I considered while reviewing these camera phones..
- Camera quality and ease of use
- Price of the smartphone and affordability.
- Camera comparison with other models in the market.
- Additional features of cameras.
- Comparison of other features of the phone.
- Overall popularity and user reviews.
1. Google Pixel XL, Price: Rs 67,000
You might be wondering why this phone ranks higher than the iPhone 7. Well, the iPhone is an iPhone and I will be surprised if their cameras didn’t get better every year. I don’t want it to be unfair to be putting iPhone 7 plus on every list, so I’ll move it down the list. But the surprise package is Google Pixel XL. Google has finally managed to make the best Android phone in the market. Just look at the stats. 12.3MP primary camera with phase detection auto focus (PDAF), laser detection auto focus (LDAF),4K (30 fps) video capture, HD 240 fps (8x) and full HD 120 fps (4x) slow motion video, CRI-90 dual-LED flash and 8MP front facing camera. Now, that’s amazing features that none of the other camera phones in this section can match. Apart from that, this phone from Google is a marvel at all other features. It truly deserves to be on the top of list.
Review: Probably the best camera phone (also generally an amazing phone) in the market today.
- Performance – Android v7.1 Nougat operating system with 2.15GHz + 1.6GHz 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 quad core processor, Adreno 530 GPU, 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory and single nano SIM
- Display – 5.5-inch AMOLED display with 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution and 534 ppi pixel density
- Camera – 12.3 MP
- Battery – 2700mAH lithium-ion battery with talk-time of 32 hours.
Pros – Amazing phone overall, great camera, great performance.
Cons – Expensive compared to other phones in the segment.
2. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Price: Rs 56,900
Of course, you will have to excuse the battery exploding episode. But recalls and other shenanigans later, this phone still is a good phone considering the other features. It’s got a 12MP primary camera with auto focus, motion mode, panorama mode, f/1.7, hyper lapse, slow motion, pro-mode, live broadcast, video collage, virtual shot, food mode and 5MP front facing camera with selfie flash, f/1.7 and CMOS. Now, that’s a lot. Most of those features are available on it’s app and this is what I love with Samsung. Even with Apple iPhone, the software that controls their cameras aren’t as sophisticated as Samsungs. You can argue that most of these features aren’t necessary, but hey, who doesn’t like more.
Review: Excuse the battery episode, and this phone is still a solid phone. The camera has features packed that even the iPhone doesn’t have.
- Performance – Android v6 Marshmallow operating system with 2.3GHz + 1.6GHz Exynos 8890 octa core processor, 4GB RAM, 128GB internal memory expandable up to 200GB and dual SIM dual-standby (4G+4G)
- Display – 13.97 centimeters (5.5-inch) HD super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution 16M color support.
- Camera – 12 MP
- Battery – 3600mAH lithium-ion battery with talk-time of 27 hours
Pros – Great camera, especially the plus version.
Cons – Expensive.
3. OnePlus 3T Price: Rs 34,990
Review: How does 16MP resolution sound for both front and back camera? Well, with the OnePlus 3T, that’s what you get. The best camera in this segment and at comparably lower price than other leading mobiles. No wonder, this mobile is much sought after and is often gets sold out soon after it goes on sale on major online shopping websites in India. Not jus the camera, this phone is a winner is almost all other department. A solid build, amazing display, brilliant battery life makes it a much sought after phone.
- Performance – OxygenOS based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 821 MSM8996 Pro (2.35 GHz) quad core processor; Adreno 530 GPU 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB internal memory (UFS 2.0 Flash Storage), dual nano-SIM dual-standby (4G+4G)
- Display – 13.97 centimeters (5.5-inch) Optic AMOLED Full HD capacitive touchscreen with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and 401 PPI pixel density
- Camera – 16MP primary camera (f/2.0 Aperture, 1.12 µm Pixel size) with high speed autofocus technology (PDAF), updated Electronic (EIS) and Optical (OIS) stabilization technologies protected by a more durable sapphire glass with a 16 MP front camera (f/2.0 Aperture, 1.0 µm Pixel size) capable of capturing improved low-light selfies and videos
- Battery – 3,400 mAh lithium-polymer battery
Pros – Amazingly well balanced phone in all departments. Great value for money.
Cons – Availability.
4. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Price: Rs 10,990
Review: If you’re on a budget, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is your best bet. For a low price you get some of the best features that compare to leading phones like iPhone and Google Pixel. A speedy processor, tech like finger print sensor, amazing battery and overall great performance makes this phone a hot-shot in this segment.
- Performance – Android v5.1 OS with MiUi 7 and 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 hexa-core 64-bit processor with ARM Cotex-A72 lead cores, 3GB LPDDR3 Dual-channel RAM, 32GB eMMC5.0 internal memory and dual SIM (4G+4G) (Micro + Nano(Hybrid))
- Memory & storage – Internal Storage-16GB RAM- 2 GB
- Display – 5.5 inches (Large), 1080×1920 px, Very Sharp
- Camera – 13 MP
- Battery – 4050 mAh, Li-Polymer
Pros – Great overall performer. Great camera for the price you pay.
Cons – Availability might be a problem.
5. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Price: Rs 67,990
Review: With 16 MP, the primary camera on the Galaxy Note 5 is as amazing as the One Plus 3T. Front camera is a compromise however, at 5 MP. Your selfies are not going be that great compared to One Plus 3T. But considering the price and the overall well balanced features, this phone is great value for money.
- Performance – Android v5.1 Lollipop operating system with 1.5GHz Cortex-A53 + 2.1GHz Cortex-A57 octa core processor, 4GB RAM, 4GB internal memory expandable up to 64GB and dual nano SIM
- Display – 5.7-inch (14.48 centimeters) Super AMOLED Quad HD capacitive touchscreen with 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution and 16M color support
- Camera – 16 MP
- Battery – 3000mAH lithium-ion battery
Pros – Great primary camera, with overall good performance.
Cons – Front camera is only 5MP.
So, there you have it. The best camera phones in India today. What is your favorite?
Join my friend's list to get free coupons, offers, and giveaways! And of course, updates.