Dandruff is a common problem among men and women all across the globe. It is a scalp condition where the upper layer of the scalp dries and becomes flaky. However, there is nothing alarming about the condition as it can be cured quite easily. In fact home remedies work wonders in treating dandruff. So, let us take a quick look at some of the possible ways of getting rid of dandruff.
How to get rid of Dandruff
1. Hot oil therapy – Generally, scalps dry up during the winters and thus you would see Dandruff mostly irritating you in winters. This is where hot oil comes in handy. Take a little amount of olive oil and heat it gently. Once done, you may apply the same on your scalp with a ball of cotton. Let the oil settle down for a day and then wash the hair, the next morning. If the process is repeated for around three days in the week, you are sure to notice the improvement. You may even use baby oil or coconut oil for this.
2. Shampoo tricks – Most of the guys are always in a hurry and thus they do not give time to the anti-dandruff shampoo to work properly. If you do want to get rid of the dandruff, then you would have to give the shampoo at least five minutes to do its job, before washing it off.
3. Brush your hair – How can brushing possibly help reduce dandruff? Brushing would actually help the oil on your scalp distribute itself properly, thus helping you indirectly in reducing dandruff.
4. Use of Yogurt – Never use yogurt as a hair conditioner. But, if you wish to get rid of dandruff you may try the same. Yogurt has proven itself quite effective against dandruff. Once applied, you should let it settle down in around 10-15 minutes. After that, you may rinse your hair and use the usual shampoo.
5. Use of Aspirin – You may be wondering how aspirin can be of help to you in dealing with dandruff, but in reality it is of much help. However, instead of popping the pill into your mouth, you need to lightly pound it, and mix the aspirin powder in the shampoo that you use. Give the mixture at least 2 minutes to do its job, after which you may wash it off.
6. Usage of baking soda – Baking soda has many uses and one such unique use is dealing with dandruffs. It is a proven dandruff destroyer. So, how should one use it? Well, all you need to do is to use the baking soda instead of your shampoo. Let it stay on your scalp for a minute and then wash it off.
Each of these steps is capable enough in dealing with problems related to dandruff and thus would help you get rid of it easily.
Disclaimer: The above article is not written by a certified Doctor or a physician and should not be considered medical advice. Please consult your Doctor if you have any illness and is looking for a cure.