The advancements made in technological infrastructure, availability of low priced smartphones and heightened competition amongst service providers has improved the internet penetration in India. In fact, 60% of the population in urban India is already using the Internet, whereas around 17% of the rural population is now surfing the World Wide Web, as per a report titled Internet in India 2016, released by IAMAI and IMRB.
A Look at the Best Broadband Internet Plans in India
- Reliance – Reliance is one company that is disrupting the status quo and making it a very competitive market, where the customer is becoming the ultimate beneficiary. Their Thunder broadband plans start from a monthly rental commitment of ₹599 and go up to ₹1,099. All these plans incentivise higher monthly commitments on an advanced basis. For instance, if you take up the ₹599 per month plan and commit to an advanced yearly payment, then instead of paying ₹7,188 you will have to just pay ₹6,110 as the annual rent. Reliance is offering unlimited data usage across all its Thunder plans.
- Spectranet – The Success 100 Unlimited plan by Spectranet in Mumbai claims to offer a “100 Mbps always on speed” and provides unlimited data at an average monthly price of ₹1,849.
- BSNL – Perhaps the only internet service provider offering a wide range of around 15 different unlimited broadband plans to its customers, the BSNL website shows all these plans in detail. Unlimited plans aren’t actually unlimited.
- MTNL – MTNL customers can choose between the TriB UL data-3499 combo and TriB UL data-3999 combo plans at monthly rentals of ₹3,699 and ₹3,999, respectively.
- ACT Fibernet – The ACT Unlimited plan, at a monthly rental of ₹999, offers good speeds of 10 Mbps.
- Tikona – The 3 Mbps plan from Tikona Digital Networks, at a monthly rental of ₹750, allows 5 devices to register and an unlimited FuP bandwidth.
- Bharti Airtel – Airtel continues to woo customers in India by investing big and upgrading its technology infrastructure. Their newly launched V-Fiber is designed to deliver superfast broadband speeds by combining fiber and Vectorization technology. There is a wide range of rental plans to suit the needs of different customers and their budgetary constraints. For instance, a Delhi-based customer can opt for a plan of ₹1,099/- to get speeds of up to 40 Mbps and 90 GB data, along with a bonus 1,000 GB data that Airtel is offering only for online purchases.
- Airlink – Airlink offers quite a number of options in unlimited broadband plans to choose from, starting from speeds of 1.5 Mbps up to 20 Mbps.
- Hathway – Their fiber broadband plan, called Infinite 2MBPS Unlimited, comes at a minimum subscription of ₹2,399 for a 3-month duration.
- YOU Broadband – YOU offers an unlimited broadband plan for 30 days at ₹1,379 with speeds up to 2 Mbps.
It is important for internet consumers in India to do their due diligence and pick the right broadband internet plan based their specific usage pattern and needs, such as surfing speed and other factors like budgetary considerations. Also visit the website of the respective service provider to check for the prevailing prices and other details before selecting any of these plans.
Please also read the best high speed internet plans in India.
Hi, Mani Karthik here. Having lived in USA, India & Middle East, and worked for big MNC’s to startups, I have a lot to share with you. My aim is to help people, by sharing everything I’ve learned in life, through this blog. It’s read today by more than 150K people world over! I currently live in LA, California and visit India occasionally. Here’s my full story on who I am and why I blog. Connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or WhatsApp (+001-408-489-4785). Happy to help! 🙂