Collaborative tool are softwares designed to help a group of people involved in a common task/tasks achieve goals working together, more effectively and efficiently. Collaboration tools are many out there and on the rise, especially in a scenario where cloud based solutions are soon becoming the standard.
Here are some of the better ones out there.
1. Podio – Collaboration & Project Management for Teams (And a lot of sweet customization!)
Probably the best and versatile online collaboration and project management software that is available out there. It works like you do – versatile, scalable and multi tasking. It is a social intranet, project management software, online collaboration software, recruiting software, event management and meeting management tool. Fast, scalable and slick, it is used by top notch corporates and small businesses alike.
The best part, it lets you create customized apps from a boat load of free app templates. Just drag and drop and you would have a custom application that you always imagined. Check out the app store here, where there are already many community build apps. Complete list of features here.
2. Asana – Free Online Collaboration Tool (Asana)
Asana stands out from the rest of collaboration tools for its speed and agility.It is a perfect solution for simple tasks to complex ones and adapts to any work flow.
3. Online Collaboration Tool w/ Focus on Tasks (Ace Project)
AceProject is a high-level web-based proprietary project management software developed by a Canadian company Websystems Inc. The focus is on the modification of tasks within a project and the details within.
4. Fast, Trusted by many – Basecamp Collaboration Tool
Basecamp offers to-do lists, wiki-style web-based text documents, milestone management, file sharing, time tracking, and a messaging system. It also offers integration with 37signals’ own Campfire product.
5. Cerebro – Project Management for Media professionals
Cerebro is a dedicated project management and collaboration tool for media houses. It has a focus on sharing and collaborating with visual content. It is mainly used by Visual VFX and Animation studios.
6. Clinked – Transformable Project Management & Collaboration
Clinked is a project collaboration tool that offers professional users abilities to interact with each other in distinct project groups, when aiming to manage a common project or organizing information. It came about in 2011 to the general market, after being transformed from a web operating system.
7. Pidoco – Collaboration for Wire framing & UI Prototyping
Pidoco is a cloud-based collaboration tool to create, share, test website and mobile app UI prototypes.
8. Plan box – Web based Agile Project Management Tool
Planbox is an Agile project management tool that allows members of multiple business functions to plan, collaborate and deliver projects. It goes beyond software development and brings the other functions of an organization into the agile life cycle. It is a hosted web application that is available to the public.
9. Smart Sheet – Manage Projects collaborating online
Smartsheet is an online project management and crowdsourcing tool. It allows owners of information to comprehensively involve contributors through authenticated access, publicly accessible published sheets, or via embeddable survey forms.
10. Project Management Made Easier – Wrike!
It enables its user to control projects, keep an eye on the deadlines and schedule, prioritizes tasks and collaborate with others in multifunctional teams to get things done.
Latest posts by Mani Karthik (see all)
- Top 10 Hospitals in India for Lasik Eye Surgery - October 18, 2014
- 10 Indian Banks Offering Lowest Home Loan Rates in India - October 17, 2014
- Top 10 Banks Offering Cheapest Student Education Loans in India - October 16, 2014